Mindgrub’s client services team is seeking an accounts guru to do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work to set our clients and the agency up for success. The position of Account Manager will be a detail-oriented, strategic and creative thinker. Our ideal candidate is dedicated to forming strong client relationships, where their clients cannot imagine their lives without them.
As an Account Manager, you will collaborate and work with a rock star in-house team of project managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, and marketing mavericks, to achieve the highest quality of work on behalf of our clients. Your day-to-day will vary, but will typically include, daily stand-ups, client communication via email and phone, account status updates, internal team meetings and serving as the go-to knowledge repository when it comes to your client’s project, industry and ongoing strategy.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!
Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Vice President of Client Services
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between Mindgrub and your clients in all matters
- Build upon current accounts, focusing on opportunities for growth through the cross-selling of other services, i.e., ongoing maintenance, marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure client and project health
- Work closely with Project Managers, and contribute to the development/management of project timelines and budgets
- Serve as the team know-it-all when it comes to client’s strategic plans and goals
- Identify, track and remove impediments to project success, while triaging issues proactively, resolving conflicts and escalating, as necessary
- Responsible for the overall quality of work delivered by the team
- Create and review account briefs/SWOT analysis to document account health
- Manage a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Manage multiple engagements across a single client and ensure continuity/consistency of brand, style, messaging and marketing goals across all channels
- Document the needs of the client and translate them into requirements
- Actively listen and engage with clients to ensure clear understanding of objectives, concerns and success criteria serving as their trusted partner and solutions provider
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Problem solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Working knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with clients
- Efficient with demonstrated capabilities around time management
- Ability to communicate internally and externally, translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Ability to lead well under pressure while exceeding client's expectations and meeting deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking during internal/client meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 3-5 years project management/account management experience; agency experience a plus
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more; certifications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to grow accounts, with experience supporting new business teams
- Experience working on a wide variety of projects, including web and mobile
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools
- The position will require you to work on-site in our Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog friendly office
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- Delicious catered monthly meetings
- Healthy/less-healthy snacks, beverages and coffee
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
- No phone calls, please
Send us your resume, and help us get to know you via your cover letter.
- Interested Candidates are requested to apply at: https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44.