Mindgrub is seeking to fill the position of Graphic Designer with a vibrant, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable individual. As a graphic designer on a variety of projects, you will collaborate and learn from a strongly skilled in-house team of engineers, user experience architects, and marketing gurus.
To fit the culture, you’ll need to be open to clear communication, consistent collaboration (from sketching to slacking), and willing to ask the right questions! You’ll need to be highly organized and driven by a strong work ethic. Do you spread positive vibes and love to help others? Are you ready to ask for advice or help from other team members? Do you have a love for challenging design assignments that vary from dynamic product development to lead-generation-focused websites? Are you energized by an active work environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, please take the next step.
Send us your creatively designed resume, express your personality in a cover letter, and have a live portfolio website link ready for us to review.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Design Department, Creative Team
Reports to: Vice President of Creative Strategy
Position Purpose: To drive the high quality and effective execution of visual design on specific client engagements through production and collaboration.
- Execute and deliver high quality design based on client goals and contemporary design concepts
- Complete assigned creative milestones on time and with a strong understanding of the project guidelines
- Meet and exceed the client’s and team’s creative vision
- Collaborate with project team and design leads to ensure creative direction is carried through a project lifecycle, from concept to product launch to client hand off
- Collaborate with project team members to follow and advance creative processes
- Apply your creativity to come up with methods to approach a design problem, and voice those ideas and suggestions to the team
- Follow up with questions or ideas to help the creative process
- Take input and advice from client and team and collaborate to move a project forward
- Contribute to a positive, creative atmosphere
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and other digital design programs, such as Sketch
- Familiar with designing for Content Management Systems, like WordPress and Drupal
- Understanding of the Bootstrap or other frameworks, and how they shape a digital design approach
- Proficient with Google Suite and familiar with project management software, such as Basecamp
- InVision experience is a plus
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred, not required with acquired experience
- 1 to 3 years of graphic design work experience in web and/or mobile design applications
- Portfolio required exhibits a mastery of graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, grid)
- Project types preferred: Responsive web design, print design, branding and logo design, mobile app design
- The position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply.
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more.
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development.
- A flexible schedule.
- Delicious catered monthly meetings.
- Healthy/less-healthy snacks, beverages and coffee.
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more).
- No phone calls, please.
- Interested Candidates are requested to apply at: https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=28 . Send us your creatively designed resume, express your personality in a cover letter, and have a live portfolio website ready for us to review.