Mindgrub is seeking to fill the position of a Node.js Lead Developer with an energetic, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and competent individual. This candidate will have extraordinary leadership skills, exceptional programming skills, amazing problem-solving abilities and a strong work ethic.
Job Title: Node.js Lead Software Engineer
Department: Software Engineering / Web Team
Reports to: Director of Web Technologies
Position Purpose: Lead and grow the Node.js team by developing custom Node.js Web Applications solutions for Mindgrub clients.
- Leadership for junior engineers and interns
- Provide level of effort engineering estimates
- Ambassador for the Mindgrub Web Engineering team, especially to the Node.js community
- Participate in interviewing potential engineering candidates
- Custom programming and web application development for Node.js solutions.
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of existing web applications
- Contributing ideas and efforts towards internal projects and working as part of a team to find solutions
- Research in the Node.js technology landscape to provide a technology roadmap covering Content Management Systems (CMS), Cloud development, mobile application development, and open source solutions.
- Representing Mindgrub at Node.js meetups, conferences, events, and other gatherings either through attendance or presenting.
- Champion efforts towards the bridging of other open source technologies and Node.js.
- Solid Node.js programming and object-oriented design skills, with a minimum of 3+ years of Node.js development experience.
- Strong database (theory and practice, any platform) experience.
- UNIX (including light administrative work, any platform) experience.
- Proficient in the maintenance and administration of Node.js web applications.
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Github, or Bitbucket.
- Results-oriented, reliable, able to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users, other teams such as User Experience, Design, and Quality Assurance Teams, and the Node.js community.
- Ability to both collaborate with team members and to work independently
- Eager to embrace current and emerging web technologies
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Familiarity with Heroku or other cloud hosting solutions
- The position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
- This is a full-time position.
- Contractors will be not be considered.
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more. No phone calls please.
- To apply, go to: https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24