Mindgrub is seeking a knowledgeable, motivated, and well-organized strategic thinker to join our growing team in Baltimore. The Content Strategist Lead will have the opportunity help create and implement digital content strategies. The ideal candidate will possess excellent problem solving skills and have the ability to build compelling content-driven user journeys.
If you answer yes to the following questions, please start your cover letter with, “I’m ready to lead at Mindgrub!”:
- Is your knowledge of content management systems, such as Drupal and WordPress, out of this world?
- Do you thrive on open lines of communication with clients and team members resulting in on-time and on-budget deliverables?
- Are you an expert at managing multiple challenging projects?
- Do you geek out over well-developed content models?
- Do you have a go-to toolbox that you reference to properly educate and consult with your clients on the content process?
- Have you executed a content migration project with a team from initial planning through final launch?
To shape the strategic direction and be accountable for achieving business goals by maximizing content process, delivery and impact.
- Guide clients through the content process from initial concept to final project launch.
- Oversee and create content strategy across a project life cycle.
- Draw on the business goals and user needs to audit existing content and create a comprehensive plan for future content.
- Manage content requirements documentation on client engagements.
- Consult on content governance opportunities and challenges.
- Craft digital stories that reflect a brand’s personality and messaging across diverse audiences.
- Analyze and map customer needs to the business strategy.
- Educate clients on content, content process, and governance.
- Identify and prioritize topics to be addressed, including content marketing offerings, to support the customer at multiple points in the customer journey.
- Identify how content varies based on customer needs and where each need arises throughout the process.
- Identify how content can be modularized so that it can be automatically reused (mixed and matched) to meet customer needs.
- Develop format-free structured content models so that content can be written in a consistent way and automatically published to websites, applications, and marketing campaigns.
- Define structured-writing guidelines (on how to write for each content model).
- Create content guidelines that cover topics such as search engine optimization (SEO), voice and tone, and content management system (CMS) best practices.
- Contribute content ideas to the design and user experience process.
- A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) knowledge.
- Ability to apply logical thinking, gathering and analyzing information and evidencing key performance indicators.
- An expert understanding of data analysis and user research to design content for evaluation and iteration.
- Knowledgeable of content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Exceptional writing and proofing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- A positive attitude when working with coworkers (we learn and grow by collaborating and sharing knowledge).
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a communications or media discipline.
- Extensive online editing and/or content strategy experience.
- Experience in an agency or service delivery environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience using GatherContent.
- Experience creating content strategies for native mobile apps.
- Technical understanding of database modeling.
- This position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
- This is a full-time position.
- Contractors will not be considered.
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), cell/gym/transportation subsidy, and an amazing work environment.
- Cover Letter.
- Please include some samples of your work. We would like to see writing samples, websites where you created the content strategy, and internal documents/deliverables.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply here: https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=47