Mindgrub is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Quality Assurance Tester for immediate hire to join our growing Quality Assurance department. Testers are responsible for testing new and previously developed mobile and web based software to ensure that functionality is correctly implemented, known bugs are fixed and weaknesses in the software are addressed. Testers will work closely with the development and design teams throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Author accurate and high-quality documentation of software defects using bug tracking system
- Able generate test cases off of design documentation and wireframes
- Identify and communicate critical issues that affect project goals
- Manage testing schedules in accordance with project scope
- Balance multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Aware of key project dates and able to work with senior team member to identify critical testing path
- Conduct software and compatibility tests in accordance with testing documentation
- Working closely with other team members to ensure that defects are addressed correctly
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
- Identify and resolve problems that arise during testing of the applications
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
- Experience with bug management software such as Bugzilla, JIRA, Test Rail
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of waterfall development methodology
- Familiar with Quality Assurance testing process
- Able to work closely with peers and communicate issues and concerns with fellow team member
- Knowledge of automation is a plus!
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Experienced with both web and mobile applications
- The position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply.
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more!
- To apply, go to: https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=16