Mindgrub is looking for a motivated, critical thinking User Experience Lead for immediate hire to join our growing company. The UX Lead is responsible for shaping the strategic direction for UX outcomes on client engagements through leadership, mentorship, and strategic production.
If you answer “yes” to the following questions, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Start your cover letter with, “I said yes nine times.”:
- Do you like solving the logic puzzles of defining workflows through a system?
- Are you an online research guru that often gets asked/challenged by friends and family to find the answer to their latest/random questions?
- Do you have an eye for fine details?
- Do you tend to work backwards from a goal and plan each step to get there?
- Do you often hear people say, “that's a great question”?
- Do you get more focused and thrive in fast-paced situations?
- Do you feel strongly that it's best to write in well-formed sentences in your posts, chats, texts, and emails?
- Do you proofread your work to eliminate mistakes?
- Do you feel energized by an open office layout full of smart creative people?
To shape the strategic direction and be accountable for UX outcomes on client engagements through leadership, mentorship, and production.
- Guide multi-faceted client projects to ensure a strategic approach to time and budget
- Bring a research-driven approach using real data to justify decisions and project direction
- Identify research opportunities and appropriate discovery processes to enhance knowledge of clients and projects
- Help to bridge communication gaps across departments through collaboration with project managers, engineers, UX designers, marketers, and quality assurance testers
- Actively pursue opinions, thoughts, suggestions and ideas from other Leads and team members to help the creative process (They don’t bite)
- Ensure UX vision is carried through a project’s lifecycle, from concept to product launch to client hand off
- Advocate for the user
- Communicate clearly and effectively to clients from kickoff to project completion, asking questions, identifying requirements, answering questions, explaining decisions made, and leading UX meetings
- Instill confidence in the client as to Mindgrub's capabilities and professionalism
- Present UX deliverables to project teams and clients
- Champion best practices throughout a project lifecycle
- Collaborate with team members to identify, evaluate, and implement improved process
- Contribute to a culture of accountability and support on project teams
- Identify best qualified team members to leverage for ideal project outcomes
- Assist with new business and inside sales opportunities by recommending best approach and providing accurate estimates
- Champion a consultative mindset with all clients- provide information and guidance related to additional engagement opportunities to the sales team
- Analyze, document, and present production tools, methods, and best practices to team members
- Assist in team onboarding and training
- Help to develop processes and workflows to effectively meet Mindgrub’s goals and business strategies
- Mentor other team members by working hands on with any project work and by having them shadow on projects
- Participate in and often lead sketching/collaboration sessions
- Create commercially acceptable User Experience deliverables (wireframes, sitemaps, discovery reports, etc.) based on knowledge of current paradigms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Create professional, well-constructed deliverables (discovery reports, sitemaps, usability testing scripts, content/UX audits, and more).
- Review team and project team deliverables
- Proven record in executing client engagements and deliverables for complex web and mobile ux challenges
- Strong, concise, accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on a team and communicating across multiple departments
- Presents ideas and information effectively and persuasively
- Advanced skills of ux design programs, such as Axure and Sketch
- Proficiency with content management systems, like Drupal or Wordpress
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiar with project management software i.e., Basecamp
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail across all deliverables
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of production process and techniques
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience conducting interviews, engaging with clients, creating wireframes, and hosting discovery activities (card sorting, focus groups, sketching sessions, etc).
- Masters/PhD in Human Computer Interaction/Information Architecture-related program, or equivalent work experience required.
Mindgrub is a leader in innovative technologies and works with some of the best brands. We offer an environment that will allow you to grow your skills, learn new technologies and tools, and challenge yourself. Our numerous benefits include:
- Generous medical, dental, life, and vision insurance
- 401(k) match
- Toll, cell phone, and gym subsidies
- In-office snacks and beverages
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual training budget that is dedicated to your professional development
- Flexible schedules
- Mindgrub hosted events including Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more
- We have one of Baltimore’s best office spaces with ping pong tables, cafe, VR room, robotics lab, free parking, and video game setup
If this position seems like a good fit for your interests and skills, please submit your resume and cover letter here:https://mindgrub.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45. In your cover letter, be sure to include both the top reason you would like to work at Mindgrub and what technology inspires you the most.
No phone calls, please.