We’re looking to fill the position of Account Manager with strong strategic accounts acumen, who is detail-oriented, and has a sixth sense when it comes to their clients.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can drive the strategic direction of their accounts, and serve as the trusted advisor. The Senior Account Manager communicates with energy and authority knowing when and how to adjust their communication and management style when relaying direction to a multi-disciplinary team of strategy, creative and technology partners, both internal and external facing.
As an Account Manager, you will collaborate and work with a dynamic in-house team of project managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, and marketing mavericks, to achieve the highest quality of work on behalf of our clients. Your day-to-day will vary, but will typically include, daily stand-ups, client communication via email and phone, account status updates, internal team meetings, and serving as the go-to knowledge repository when it comes to your client’s project, industry, and ongoing strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between Mindgrub and your clients in all matters
- Build upon and strengthen current accounts, focusing on opportunities for growth through the cross-selling of other services, i.e., ongoing maintenance, marketing, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure client and project health
- Work closely with Project Managers, and contribute to the development/management of project timelines and budgets
- Serve as the team know-it-all when it comes to client’s strategic plans and goals
- Implement and improve best practices internally and externally during the project life cycle
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success, while triaging issues proactively, resolving conflicts, and escalating, as necessary
- Responsible for the overall quality of work delivered by the team
- Create and review account briefs/SWOT analysis to document account health
- Manage a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Manage multiple engagements across a single client and ensure continuity/consistency of brand, style, messaging and marketing goals across all channels
- Document the needs of the client and translate them into requirements
- Actively listen and engage with clients to ensure clear understanding of objectives, concerns, and success criteria serving as their trusted partner and solutions provider
- Work closely with Account Managers to distribute tasking according to the skills of team members and develop appropriate strategies for achieving project goals
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Engagement Director to set realistic goals for the project and ensure project success criteria is achieved
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- Ability to communicate clearly and distill complex information in a concise and clear form for all internal team members and stakeholders
- Analytical, strategic problem solving conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented with demonstrated capabilities around time management
- Lead the full team under pressure while consistently exceeding clients’ expectations and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies, agile/scrum certifications a plus
- Takes an active leadership role in the team
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with clients
- Strong ability to communicate internally and externally, translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Exceptional presentation skills and confident speaking during internal/client meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Combined 3-5 years project/account management experience in a client-facing role; agency experience preferred
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more, certifications a plus
- Proven ability to grow accounts, with experience supporting new business teams
- Experience working on a wide variety of digital projects, including web and mobile
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools
- The position will require you to work on-site in our Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- This is a full-time position with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
- Dog friendly office.
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development.
- A flexible schedule.
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more).
No phone calls, please
Application Must-Haves: Send us your resume, and demonstrate what makes you stand out in your cover letter.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!