As a Utility Practice Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating new business, supporting existing account growth, as well as playing a critical role in developing strategic plans for the expansion of Mindgrub’s utility and energy practice. The Account Executive serves as the liaison between client, business development, and production teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions that align with client expectations and organizational goals.
- Plans and executes sales strategies, work plans, and tactics to achieve sales revenue and profitability to achieve company and business unit goals. Responsibilities may include proposal development, creating sales presentations, and producing thought leadership content in support of the utility vertical.
- Nurtures and expands Mindgrub’s relationships with existing clients to increase Mindgrub’s revenue and profit.
- Understands your account's business strategy and works to define an architecture and solution to support it, in collaboration with Mindgrub’s team of subject matter experts.
- Serves as a senior-level contact for active accounts, and consistently works to build trust and rapport with key client stakeholders through effective engagement management techniques.
- Supports kick-off meetings and engagement support between sales, production departments, and client.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on clients’ business and industry.
- Understands and adheres to internal and external processes.
- ~5 years of experience within a software company/consultancy, demonstrated skilled knowledge of waterfall and agile methodologies, agile/scrum certifications a plus
- Utility, energy, or related industry experience preferred, though not required. Willingness to learn a new industry is critical.
- Experience working on a wide variety of digital projects, including web and mobile.
- Experience with solutions architecture/business analysis a strong plus.
- A strong love of technology and willingness to be constantly learning.
- Strongly entrepreneurial.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - Ability to communicate clearly and distill complex information in a concise and clear matter for all internal team members and stakeholders.
- Highly efficient and detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the desire and ability to form long-term relationships with clients.
- Experience working with enterprise-level clients.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- The Mindgrub office remains open, though most of our team members are working remotely. Our ideal candidate would be committed to working from the Baltimore office long-term.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!