Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Processes incoming payments from clients. Sends invoices to clients, reviews cash receipts and allocates payments against specific transactions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect all information needed to create invoices (contract billing structures, time sheets, etc.).
- Issue invoices and bills and send them to clients through various channels (mail, e-mail, etc.).
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill.
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.).
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, client information etc.
- Issue client account statements periodically or whenever necessary.
- Send reminders for payments and contact clients when assigned.
- Update accounts receivable report and report on activity.
- Create and update various reports for upper management.
- Associate degree or higher in business and/or accounting preferred, not required with acquired experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience in billing or general accounting experience
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- The position will require you to work either on-site in our Baltimore office or remotely, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget. Some client travel required.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog friendly office
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)