At Mindgrub, we know digital products are incomplete without language—visual design, UX, and dev are only part of the process to create an engaging product, activation, campaign, or digital experience. That’s where you come in. We’re looking to expand our Agency practice with an experienced copywriter.
You are a storyteller, an authoritative source, a collaborative spirit. You’ll work with production colleagues in user experience, SEO, visual design, media, and content strategy to create compelling messaging & content frameworks that work across digital and traditional platforms.
Think you want in? Keep reading to see what we’re looking for and how to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You cater every word for audience & application to get audiences to meaningfully engage, whether developing quippy headlines for display ads, clickable email subject lines, or long-form website content.
- You’re an independent thinker, but not an island. You can work closely with SEO strategists on optimal strategies, using analytics and research tools to evaluate digital strategies and increase reach and engagement.
- You welcome content criticism, and believe the best ideas come from collaboration—with production colleagues & clients.
- You’re a writer with a strategist mindset. You know how to break down a client’s brand, market position, value proposition, and audience to develop an aligned content strategy.
- You can translate visual style into tone, voice, and messaging because you understand the relationship between language and visual elements.
- You’re curious. You don’t need to know it all, and you should have the research skills and attention to detail to drive accuracy, analysis, content strategy & creation.
- You have a critical eye for proofing & editing—and a collaborative mindset when others proof & edit the work you bring to the table.
- You communicate with purpose on production teams with colleagues, and can present your ideas to clients with polish & panache.
- You know how to build trust with clients in ways that support editorial content creation, and ongoing governance.
- Proven work experience (3-5 years) in a professional writing capacity, agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, english, advertising, marketing communications, journalism or psychology preferred, not required with acquired experience.
- Knowledge and experience in all social media platforms (ie. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) and email automation/CRM platforms (ie. Hubspot, Salesforce).
- Familiarity with SEO, keyword research, UX and accessibility best practices, Google Analytics and other analytics tools.
- Comfort working in Google & PC platforms, with Google Workspace, GatherContent, Figma, Adobe Acrobat and JIRA.
- Experience writing quality content optimized for search.
- Knowledge of the market & the ability to speak to content trends in marketing, social, print, and digital.
- Excellent communication skills as well as experience working strategically on multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Experience turning work around in a pinch, without sacrificing your colleagues’ sanity, time for crits, overall quality, and brand alignment.
- Proven ability to align creative concepts with marketing strategies.
- Ability to craft and present creative concepts to build buy-in from internal and client teams.
- Solutions-minded and a creative problem-solver.
- Greater Baltimore Area applicants preferred but not required.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more.
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development.
- A flexible schedule with remote options.
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more!)
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining your opinion of the Oxford comma, & why you feel that way.