LEAD UX DESIGNER
At Mindgrub, we aspire to build technology that unlocks human potential. Our mission is to do work that makes lives better, jobs easier, and helps businesses thrive. As Designers, we bring humanity to the experiences we create through critical thinking, artistry, and experimentation. Our Design Team is unique because we make space to be brave, vulnerable, experiment for impact, and explore new ideas.
Applying Your Craft at Mindgrub
As a senior-level UX Designer, you will be embedded on diverse, highly-collaborative project teams. You are a curious, thoughtful, and passionate UX Design specialist. You create high-quality work through your dedication to the craft, critique, and iteration. You are excited to create and advocate for the Human-Centered Computing discipline - research, user experience design, experience-centric advocacy - in order to enable delightful, goal-driven user experiences for web and native mobile applications.
Your day-to-day work will depend on the type and lifecycle stage of a project. A snapshot of a UX Designer’s production responsibilities may include: generative research, socializing research results, moderating workshops and Design Thinking activities, persona creation, user journey mapping, workflow diagramming, wireframing, site mapping, prototyping, usability testing, design documentation, UX design for specialized audiences (508/WCAG compliance), auditing and recommending fixes, and explaining design decisions to clients.
The Lead Role
As a Lead, in addition to doing UX Design production work, you will be thinking critically about business and customer needs in order to make strategic process recommendations. You will be positioned as the owner of User Experience Design on your project team and will have the opportunity to educate team members and clients. You will also have the space to mentor interns, junior User Experience Designers, and/or team members who desire to extend their knowledge of user experience design.
You aim to connect the dots across people and milestones to optimize collaboration - this may look like: fostering collaboration, building consensus, providing feedback on work outside of your discipline, identifying areas for process optimization, and researching the latest and greatest tools. With your level of experience, you will be able to assist with new business and inside sales opportunities by recommending the best approach and providing accurate estimates.
- Proven record in helping business and users achieve success for responsive web and native mobile digital products
- Clear, concise, accurate, and persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Experience crafting research and user experience design strategies
- Can flex between working on a team and communicating across multiple departments to working independently
- Ability to work creatively within project constraints and possibilities
- Ability to balance competing priorities and overlapping deadlines
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as Figma, UserZoomGo, Miro, Condens
- Familiar with web and mobile paradigms and commonly used frameworks like Drupal, Wordpress, iOS, Android
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Basecamp
Education & Experience
- Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience with user experience research, design, and testing
- We are open to candidates with a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in UX/HCI, Information Architecture, or related fields
- 2-3 years of UX Design work experience in digital product design - mobile applications and/or web applications
- The Mindgrub headquarters are open, though most of the Mindgrub team is working remotely. Our ideal candidate would be able to be in the office most days of the week after the pandemic.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!