A digital media fanatic, the Paid Media Strategist is responsible for the development and execution of integrated digital marketing communications strategies and campaigns. Knowledgeable in all advances in digital and traditional tactics in the media marketplace, Mindgrub's Paid Media Strategist is an integral asset to the team and ensures that all client business goals are achieved through innovative and measurable solutions. We’re looking for an experienced media strategist who can set the strategic direction of our cross channel digital media campaigns, sell them into our clients, and then work with a selection of trusted vendors/contractors to execute, optimize and report on the campaigns
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, the following channels: Search Engine Marketing, Digital Display, Remarketing, Paid Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing and Native Advertising, OTT, Account-Based Marketing, Email Marketing, Out of Home, Direct Mail, Print, etc.
- Oversee and build a team of media strategists and buyers - both in-house and freelance/contractors
- Prepare strategic marketing plans based on client goals, clearly differentiating between brand-focused initiatives and lead generation efforts.
- Prepare and present campaign plans and reports to clients and internal teams.
- Responsible for the vetting and coordination of outside vendors on campaign planning and execution, negotiation of competitive rates and value adds.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of marketing communications investments and recommend changes and optimizations in strategy or mix to improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other departments for campaign execution and asset creation.
- Research new marketing tactics and tools and present opportunities to the team on a regular basis.
- Support the business development team in securing new digital marketing clients and contracts by identifying potential client needs, participating in proposal development, and presenting in pitches.
- Experience successfully and efficiently executing campaigns that include most (if not all) of the following tactics: Search Engine Marketing, Digital Display, Remarketing, Paid Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing and Native Advertising, OTT, Account-Based Marketing, Email Marketing, Out of Home, Direct Mail, Print, etc.
- Working knowledge of: Search Engine Optimization, Content Strategy, Email Automation
- Strong knowledge of capabilities and limitations of digital marketing strategies and tools used to drive ROI.
- Ability to evaluate the design and engineering deliverables for impacts to desired digital marketing KPI’s.
- Capable of speaking to functions of various internal resources like developers and designers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications preferred, not required with acquired experience.
- 7+ years of digital marketing work experience preferred in an agency or media setting.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing concepts, strategy, and best practices.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience communicating with both business and technical audiences.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Project management skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team orientation, with the ability to collaborate, influence, and negotiate.
- This person ideally lives within the Greater Baltimore area
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!