As a Product Owner, you should have the ability to plan and manage the work of the development project from start to finish, and ensure that the product meets the customer's needs. When the development team looks at each other with questions of “what are we doing, and why are we doing it?” you will be responsible for answering those questions.
You will need to collaborate effectively with many stakeholders — both internal and external. Internally, you will often partner with a Scrum Master or Project Manager, a UX Researcher and/or Designer, a Business Analyst, and potentially an Account Manager or Engagement Director executive sponsor along with an Engineering team. Externally, you will have a very customer-facing role, leading meetings, producing and delivering presentations, and at times acting as the main point of contact on the accounts you are working for.
Success in this role with Mindgrub means being an independent self-starter who is comfortable creating and executing on strategy that best meets the needs of each unique team and unique client that you work with. This role is a part of the leadership structure that manages an account at Mindgrub. As such, leadership is the number one expectation of this position.
- Work with external stakeholders to gather requirements that will fulfill end user needs
- Strategize and present ideas to stakeholders
- Act as the main point of contact between the development team and external stakeholders
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Maintain product roadmap of major value milestones to align the development team and external stakeholders
- Lead the development team by managing and prioritizing the product backlog
- Set sprint goals and lead sprint planning
- Plan releases
- Within the development team, be the business subject matter expert and voice of the customer for your particular accounts
Past experience being responsible for at least one software product vertical, leading a software development team, accountable for vision, strategy, roadmap, budget and performance metrics
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor degree required
- Demonstrated experience with Agile software delivery including Scrum, Kanban and/or hybrid framework implementations
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Prior experiencing working for a digital agency or consultancy is strongly preferred
- The position will allow you to work remotely or on-site in our Baltimore office and will require you to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget. Some client travel may be required in the future.
- Dog friendly office
- A flexible schedule
- Delicious catered monthly meetings
- Healthy/less-healthy snacks, beverages and coffee
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!