As a Lead Project Manager, you will lead an enterprise-level product team by planning, organizing, and facilitating projects from start to finish. You will have a strong leadership presence on the team, with a focus on spearheading efforts for budget/resource planning, timelines, risk mitigation, project updates, and process improvements.
- Facilitate multiple touch-points with the project team, including Scrum ceremonies, leadership alignment meetings, status review, etc.
- Forecast workload and bandwidth to proactively manage project budget and allocate resources
- Track hours and costs to keep projects within budget
- Develop and maintain deliverables schedule (by sprint/quarter/year)
- Track dependencies and have a strong understanding of critical path
- Cross-project release management including coordinating multiple product backlogs
- Identify complex risks and create risk mitigation plans
- Lead on-going process improvements for driving greater efficiency and best practices and create associated project documentation
- Maintain a strong understanding of business strategies, goals, and missions
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience within a software company/consultancy
- Strong understanding and practical application of project management methodologies
- Expertise in Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall preferred
- Ability to actualize direction from key stakeholders, manage budgets and deadlines, and have a history of successfully promoting cross-departmental teamwork
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to communicate clearly and to distill complex information in a clear and concise manner for team members and stakeholders
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented with time management skills
- Experience working with enterprise-level clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheet
Benefits + Comments
- The position will allow you to work remotely or on-site in our Baltimore office and will require you to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget. Some client travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!