Mindgrub’s client services team is seeking an experienced account savant to do whatever it takes to strategize and deliver the highest quality work to set our clients and the agency up for success.
We’re looking to fill the position of Technical Account Manager to provide technical advice and enablement to our clients. We need someone who can provide ongoing guidance, recommend best practices across a number of CMS’s, and assist in ensuring successful launches. The ideal candidate has a broad and technical background, is detail-oriented, and has a sixth sense when it comes to technology and the needs of their clients.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will collaborate and work with a dynamic in-house team of project managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, and marketing mavericks, to achieve the highest quality of work on behalf of our clients. Your day-to-day will vary, but will typically include, daily stand-ups, client communication via email and phone, account status updates, internal team meetings, and serving as the go-to knowledge repository when it comes to your client’s project, industry, and ongoing strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between Mindgrub and your clients
- Provide strategic guidance and technical thought leadership to clients throughout all phases of the digital / SDLC life cycles
- Build upon and strengthen current accounts, focusing on opportunities for growth through the cross-selling of other services, i.e., maintenance, marketing, etc.
- Work closely with Project Managers, and contribute to the development and management of project timelines and budgets
- Serve as the team know-it-all when it comes to client’s strategic plans and goals
- Implement and improve best practices internally and externally during the project life cycle
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success, while triaging issues proactively, resolving conflicts, and escalating, as necessary
- Manage a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Manage multiple engagements across a single client and ensure continuity/consistency of brand, style, messaging and marketing goals across all channels
- Actively listen and engage with clients to ensure a clear understanding of objectives, concerns, and success criteria serving as their trusted partner and solutions provider
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Engagement Director to set realistic goals for the project and ensure project success criteria is achieved
- Ability to communicate clearly and distill complex information in a concise and clear form for all internal team members and stakeholders - translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Deep experience with website/application architecture. An aptitude for building, configuring, and troubleshooting Drupal and Wordpress sites
- Analytical, strategic problem solving conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented with demonstrated capabilities around time management
- Ability to lead the full team under pressure while consistently meeting deadlines, and exceeding clients’ expectations
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of agile methodologies, agile/scrum certifications a plus
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the desire and ability to form long-term relationships with clients
- Exceptional presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Consulting or customer service background required
- Familiarity with CMS's (specifically WordPress and Drupal).
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and mobile development principles is a plus.
- A strong foundation in hosting technologies and architecture.
- 3+ years of technical account management experience in a client-facing role
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more, certifications a plus (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Proven ability to grow accounts, with experience supporting new business teams
- Proficiency in business support tools such as Basecamp, Jira, Confluence etc.
- The position will allow you to work remotely or on-site in our Baltimore office and will require you to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget. Some client travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!