The Technical Business Analyst, (BA), will be responsible for owning the overall design of assigned technical projects (custom or product strategy) as well as recommending best practices for solutions based on client business needs. This role as a Technical Business Analyst will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements. The Technical Business Analyst will also be responsible for writing technical specifications (for custom development, system integration, etc.) based on interactions directly with the customer and professional services team. These specifications will need to be precise and clear as the Technical Business Analyst will delegate some work to fellow team members such as developers, consultants, or product support / documentation. Ideally the Technical Business Analyst is engaged in best practice development initiatives, provides thoughtful leadership, and familiarity with proven solutions that support customer objectives.
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and customers
- Shares similar mentality as existing team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Is able to exercise independent judgment, and take the lead role on enterprise level projects with minimal direction from a director or engagement manager
- Is able to understand technical requirements documentation (XML samples, API documentation, etc) and translate to executable requirements for both internal and external integrations
- Comfortable working to test/validate endpoints developed to ensure the requirements are satisfied
- Capable of documenting both technical and business requirements for client consumption (workflow diagrams, confluence documentation, database models, etc)
Demonstrates the ability to effectively prepare and maintain the following documents / tools:
- Business Process
- Process Flow Analysis
- Product Architecture and Design Best Practices
- Experience working with developers
- Requirements Definition
- Data Models
- Detailed Functional Design
- Executive Summaries
Demonstrates the following Leadership Skills:
- Provides respectful feedback
- Escalates where necessary
- Analyzes/Identifies areas of risk and develops plans to minimize
- Seeks opportunities to develop professional skills
Education & Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, and at least 2-5 years of consulting experience or in a related area
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc) and RDBS systems (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
- Basic Knowledge of implementation and configuration of enterprise systems such as CRM, ERP, Ecommerce, and CMS
- The position will allow you to work remotely or on-site in our Baltimore office and will require you to manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget. Some client travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply
- Dog-friendly office
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!