When: Part-time, Paid Internship, 16 to 30 hours per week
Where: Baltimore, MD
WHO YOU ARE
To fit the culture, you’ll need to be open to clear communication, consistent collaboration (from sketching to slacking), and willing to ask the right questions! You’ll need to be highly organized and driven by a strong work ethic. Do you spread positive vibes and love to help others? Are you ready to ask for advice or help from other team members? Do you have a love for challenging design assignments that vary from dynamic product development to lead-generation-focused websites? Are you energized by an active work environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, please take the next step.
Send us your creatively designed resume, express your personality in a cover letter, and have a live portfolio website link ready for us to review.
- Execute and deliver high quality design based on client goals and contemporary design concepts
- Complete assigned creative milestones on time and with a strong understanding of the project guidelines
- Manage time and tasks to ensure design production is executed effectively within the time frame expectation
- Collaborate with project team members and design leads to ensure creative direction is carried through a project lifecycle, from concept to product launch to client hand off
- Follow creative processes and recommend advancements or tools where relevant
- Apply creative problem solving skills to assist in defining the concept and approach to any design challenge
- Clearly communicate questions or ideas to help the creative process
- Take input, critique, and advice from client and team to move a project forward
- Contribute to a positive, creative, and supportive atmosphere
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and other digital design programs, such as Sketch
- Familiar with creating designs for Content Management Systems, like WordPress and Drupal, and/or for mobile applications on iOS and Android
- Understanding of Bootstrap and other website frameworks, and how they shape a digital design approach
- Proficient with Google Suite and familiar with project management software, such as Basecamp
- Must have a detail-oriented and organized production process
- InVision experience is a plus
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred, not required with acquired experience
- 0-2 years of graphic design work experience in print, web and/or mobile design
- Online portfolio required
- Portfolio exhibits a mastery of graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, grid)
- Project types preferred: Responsive web design, print design, branding and logo design, mobile app design
- This position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
- This is a part-time, intern position.
- Contractors will not be considered.
No phone calls or recruiters please.