We’re looking to fill the position of Product Owner with someone who has a strong strategic accounts acumen, who is detail-oriented, and has a sixth sense when it comes to their clients. Our ideal candidate can drive the strategic direction of their accounts and develop a deep understanding of the target market/industry, build close relationships with key stakeholders, and define the business strategy for the product so that it meets the needs of both our clients and our internal team.
The Product Owner communicates with energy and authority knowing when and how to adjust their communication and management style when relaying direction to a multi-disciplinary team of strategic, creative and technology partners, both internal and external facing. As a Product Owner, you will collaborate and work with a dynamic in-house team of engagement directors, project managers, engineers, designers, user experience architects, quality assurance testers, and marketing experts, to achieve the highest quality of work on behalf of our clients.
Your day-to-day will vary, but will typically include, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, client communication, account status updates, project huddles, and serving as the go-to knowledge repository when it comes to your client’s project, industry, and ongoing strategy.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between Mindgrub and your clients in all matters
- Document the needs of the client and translate them into requirements
- Act as the primary source for User Story detail and priorities for the team
- Responsible for validating all User Stories, meeting the acceptance criteria and “definition of done” for the team
- Identify, track, and remove impediments to project success, while triaging issues proactively, resolving conflicts, and escalating, as necessary
- Ensure the product backlog is healthy through grooming, estimation, and prioritization
- Build upon and strengthen current accounts, focusing on opportunities for growth through the cross-selling of other services, i.e., ongoing maintenance, marketing, etc.
- Work closely with Project Managers, and contribute to the development/management of project timelines and budgets
- Serve as the team know-it-all when it comes to client’s strategic plans and goals
- Responsible for the overall quality of work delivered by the team
- Manage a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Actively listen and engage with clients to ensure there’s a clear understanding of objectives, concerns, and success criteria, serving as their trusted partner and solutions provider
- Ability to communicate clearly and to distill complex information in a concise and clear form for all internal team members and stakeholders
- Strategic, analytical, problem solver who can recommend [digital] approaches and methods
- Ability to lead the project team under pressure, while consistently exceeding clients’ expectations and meeting deadlines
- Strategic customer service orientation, with the ability to form long-term relationships with clients
- Strong ability to communicate internally and externally, translating dev speak to client speak and vice versa
- Exceptional presentation skills and confident speaking during internal/client meetings
- Highly efficient and detail-oriented with demonstrated capabilities around time management
- A passion for innovation
- A willingness to take an active leadership role in the team
- Demonstrate skilled knowledge of waterfall and Agile methodologies; Agile/Scrum certifications, a plus
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred
- 8+ years project management/ account management experience, agency experience preferred
- Experience working with accounts of all sizes from small businesses to enterprise level clients
- Thirst for knowledge and always ready to learn more
- Proven ability to grow accounts, with experience supporting new business teams
- Experience working on a wide variety of digital projects, including web and mobile
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools
- The position will require you to work on-site both from our Baltimore office and from client workspaces, while managing multiple tasks and delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Dog friendly office
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- Delicious catered monthly meetings
- Healthy/less-healthy snacks, beverages and coffee
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls, please
Application Must-Haves: Send us your resume, and demonstrate what makes you stand out in your cover letter.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!