WHO YOU ARE
As a Senior Java Developer, you are proficient in Java 8, Spring, and Hadoop. You can rock a project on your own or as part of a team.
- Architect and implement high-quality web software for a variety of different clients
- Work with your team to determine the best Architecture/Solution to a given problem
- Lead the team in the development and refinement of development best practices
- Write great code!
- Mentor junior developers
- Participate in and lead code reviews with team members and managers
- Report status to team members and project managers
- Attention to detail
- Great communication and leadership skills with other developers as well as designers, project managers, business stakeholders, and customers
- Understand and create complex technical architecture plans and follow through with an implementation
- Work well within a group, as well as independently
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle best practices, including source control, testing, security, maintainability, code reuse, etc.
- Understand the vision of a project and work closely with team members to see it through to completion
- Read, understand, and write technical documentation and understand how underlying frameworks and libraries function
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Spring Boot and Spring Cloud experience required
- Familiarity with Hadoop required
- Ability to build out enterprise APIs is a must
- Preferred experience in Docker or similar
- The position will require you to work on-site both from our Baltimore office and from client workspaces, while managing multiple tasks and delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Dog friendly office
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development
- A flexible schedule
- Delicious catered monthly meetings
- Healthy/less-healthy snacks, beverages and coffee
- A variety of fun Mindgrub hosted events (e.g. Adventure club, O’s games, Happy Hours, and more)
No phone calls, please
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!