When: Part-time, Paid Internship, 16 to 30 hours per week
Where: Baltimore, MD
WHO YOU ARE
Associates will work hard to learn mobile and web paradigms along with the tools used by the UX team in order to begin creating wireframes and working on other client deliverables. Mentors will provide associates with tasking and guidance throughout the duration of their internship. Associates will shadow their mentors in client meetings to observe UX meetings and client interactions/consultation.
Send us your creatively designed resume, express your personality in a cover letter, and have a live portfolio website link ready for us to review.
- Works closely with mentor (UX Architect Lead) on projects and discovery/research tasks
- Completes training process - learning Axure, UX guidelines, creating annotated wires, and any other training initiatives required
- Complete tasking and meet deadlines set by mentor
- Ability to ask questions and get necessary information without being tasked. Working with various team members to get all blockers removed as soon as, or before they arise
- Sketch user interface ideas with mentor
- Create wireframes with interactions that work as expected, conveying modern paradigms for mobile and web while utilizing standard elements as intended
- Shadow mentor on client meetings, observe how to interact with client, answer client questions, and lead a UX meeting
- Understanding of mobile & web paradigms
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Axure and Sketch preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Convey the reasoning behind decisions made in wires, discuss thought process
- Critical thinker, problem solver
- Ability to write detailed, clear, and concise annotations
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- Pursuing degree in a UX-related program (masters/PhD preferred), not required with acquired experience
- Online portfolio required
- This position will require you to work on-site in the Mindgrub Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget.
- This is a part-time, intern position.
- Contractors will not be considered.
No phone calls or recruiters please.